The garden descriptions provided are not formatted for print. We encourage you to view them online. To help you decide which gardens to visit the garden overview provides a list of features at each location.
We hope that you find the included plant lists useful. They are intended to identify some of the key plants that you will see. They are not comprehensive and the level of information provided is variable. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate, we do not guarantee that this is the case.
2015 Eco-Friendly Garden Tour Locations
Windsor & Larkfield
- Brooks Road Community Garden | 10 AM – 1 PM
- Sam’s Playful Garden | 10 AM – 1 PM
- Robins Park Food Forest
- Windsor Lawn Conversion
- Jerry & Barbara’s Garden
- Michelle’s Garden
- The Blue Bungalow
- Urban Habitat Wildlife Garden
- Rainwater Catchment Homestead
- Santa Rosa Lawn Conversion
Rohnert Park & Cotati
- Judy’s Garden | 10 AM – 1 PM
- Midtown Oasis | 10 AM – 1 PM
- Permaculture Homestead
- Cavanagh Food Forest
- Mandala Garden | 10 AM – 1 PM
- Anne & Francis’s Lawn Conversion
- Charlotte T’s Habitat Garden (plant sale, demos and more)
- Bel Marin Keys Beauty
- Michael’s Front Garden
On the Day
- Tour hours are 10 AM to 4 PM.
- Some of the gardens are only open from 10 AM until 1 PM.
- Look for the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour signs.
- The Tour is self-guided, plan your day ahead of time. Our advice is not to try and see it all. We recommend planning to visit three to five gardens located near to where you live, or one or two gardens further afield that you really want to view.
- In some situations gardens are clustered in close proximity. Take the opportunity to walk or ride your bike, there’s bound to be plenty of other gardens to view on the journey.
- Due to the nature of the terrain at home gardens this Tour is not ADA accessible. Many of the gardens can be viewed from sidewalks and driveways. There is likely to be uneven and hilly terrain, narrow pathways and obstacles. Wear appropriate footwear with low heels. Please be careful and considerate of others.
- Parking may be limited and some amount of walking may be required. Please drive carefully and slowly.
- Consider carpooling and alternative means of transportation such as walking and cycling.
- Restroom facilities are not provided, please plan accordingly.