The Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership (Partnership) has received national recognition from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense program with seven awards in five years for continued efforts in promoting water use efficiency in our region and beyond.
In 2017 the Partnership was the recipient of a Sustained Excellence Award for its work in educating landscape professionals through its WaterSense labeled Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper (QWEL) professional certification program in irrigation system auditing. QWEL provides landscape professionals with knowledge in water efficient and sustainable landscaping practices. QWEL has issued over 2000 certificates to date and is offered by fifteen organizations throughout the U.S.
In 2017 the Partnership also received the award for Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products for hands-on promotion of WaterSense labeled products. The Partnership’s Drought Drive-Up events allowed 1,200 participants to collect custom drought tool kits made up of WaterSense labeled showerheads and other water-saving items. The Water Smart Home booth featuring WaterSense labeled products premiered at the 2015 Sonoma County Fair where it was used to educate approximately 270,000 people over 15-days.
EPA WaterSense awards received:
- 2017 Sustained Excellence Award
- 2017 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products
- 2016 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2016 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products
- 2015 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2014 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2013 Excellence in Promotion