The Sonoma-Marin Saving Water Partnership (Partnership) has received national recognition from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) WaterSense program with nine awards in six years for continued efforts in promoting water use efficiency in our region and beyond.
In 2018 the Partnership was awarded two of the 21 WaterSense awards that were handed out at the WaterSmart Innovations Conference for helping Americans to save water, energy, and money. This is the sixth year in a row that the Partnership has received awards for its water efficiency efforts.
The Partnership is a three-time WaterSense Partner of the Year award winner and this year earned a second Sustained Excellence Award. SMSWP is the parent organization for the WaterSense labeled Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper (QWEL) professional certification program in irrigation system auditing. QWEL provides landscape professionals with knowledge in water efficient and sustainable landscaping practices. QWEL has issued over 2000 certificates to date and is offered by sixteen organizations throughout the U.S.
The Partnership received its fourth Excellence Award this year for promoting WaterSense labeled faucets and aerators during 115 commercial water-use audits that were performed. In addition, the Partnership offered free Water Smart Home Evaluations to more than 3,000 homes in 2017, and provided free WaterSense labeled showerheads and aerators.
EPA WaterSense awards received:
- 2018 Sustained Excellence Award
- 2018 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products
- 2017 Sustained Excellence Award
- 2017 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products
- 2016 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2016 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products
- 2015 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2014 Professional Certifying Organization Partner of the Year
- 2013 Excellence in Promoting WaterSense Labeled Products