Learn how to navigate through the
Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
The Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO) promotes efficient water use in new and retrofitted landscapes. The 2010 ordinance was updated in 2015 and will have additional revisions going forward.
Materials from June 27, 2017 MWELO Workshop
- Agenda and Contact List
- Morning MAWA and ETWU exercise with answers
- Residential and Commercial design exercise with all related documents
- Overview of MWELO, Julie Saare-Edmonds, California Department of Water Resources
- MWELO-EZ vs Full Version, Peter Estournes, Gardenworks Inc.
- Creating a Water Budget and Hydrozone, Peter Estournes, Gardenworks Inc.
- Providing Insight on Soil and Compost Requirements, Will Bakx, Green Building Council, West Marin Compost
- Forum With Local Representatives
- Dive Into Docs: Getting the Paperwork in Order, Patrick Costello, City of Napa
- Choose the Right Irrigation Equipment, Scheduling & Audit Requirements, Kris Loomis, Sonoma County Water Agency
- Strategically Choosing Plants, Stephanie Richmond & Rachel Brinkerhoff, vanderToolen Associates