Before the Day
- Register for the tour to obtain access to the garden addresses.
- Read your confirmation email. It contains your ticket(s) and a link to access the garden addresses. Address information will be posted on April 29th, 2019.
- Use the information on the website to plan which gardens you’d like to see.
- Watch out for the demonstrations, talks, and plant sales offered at some gardens.
On the Day
- Tour hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bring an electronic or paper ticket with you to gain access to the gardens.
- Look for the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour signs.
- The Tour is self-guided.
- Plan your day ahead of time. We recommend planning to visit three to five gardens.
- Some gardens are clustered in close proximity. Take the opportunity to walk or ride your bike, there’s bound to be plenty of other gardens to view on the journey.
- Due to the nature of the terrain at home gardens this Tour is not ADA accessible. Many of the gardens can be viewed from sidewalks and driveways. There is likely to be uneven and hilly terrain, narrow pathways and obstacles. Wear appropriate footwear with low heels.
- Please be considerate of garden hosts, volunteers, and other visitors.
- Stay on marked pathways.
- Do not pick flowers, fruit, or vegetables. Do not take cuttings.
- Parking may be limited and some amount of walking may be required. Please drive carefully and slowly.
- Consider carpooling and alternative means of transportation such as walking and cycling.
- Restroom facilities are not provided, please plan accordingly.
- Children must be closely supervised by an accompanying adult. Strollers may not be permitted in the gardens.
- Dogs are not permitted in the gardens on the Tour.
- Smoking is not permitted in the gardens on the Tour.
Liability Waiver and Release
Individuals attending the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour agree to release the County of Sonoma, the Sonoma County Water Agency, the Cities of Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, Petaluma, Sonoma, and Cotati, North Marin, Valley of the Moon, and Marin Municipal Water Districts, the Town of Windsor, California American Water, California Native Plant Society Milo Baker Chapter, and Daily Acts, their officers, employees and agents, and all volunteers and home-owners participating with the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour, from all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions or causes of action arising out of any injury to or death of any person, or any damage to or destruction of property, occurring during or in connection with the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour, whether or not such injury, death, damage or destruction is a caused, or alleged to be caused, by the active or passive negligence of the County of Sonoma or the Sonoma County Water Agency, their officers, employees, and agents, or any volunteers and home-owners participating in the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour.