Santa Rosa | Public Demonstration Garden
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Drought tolerant, low water-use plants.
- Russian River-Friendly Landscaping Best Practices.
- Bioswales and bioretention to capture and naturally clean storm water runoff onsite.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Community gathering area with an outdoor classroom.
- Informational displays and interpretive signage.
We are excited to include the Sustainable Education Garden at Santa Rosa City Hall for the second year in a row on the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour. The City Hall lawn and landscape has been transformed into a beautiful and functional demonstration garden and community gathering area. The garden was designed using holistic water-use efficiency and storm water best management practices.
A printable plant list is available to download for this garden.
Events at the Sustainable Education Garden
- Residential Irrigation Controller Programming Workshops 10 a.m. & 1 p.m
- Guided tour following each workshop
- RSVP at srcity.org/cityhallgarden
Come join us for a free hands-on workshop where you will learn the basic steps to program a controller, and how to use the various features. Participants will also learn about additional tools and resources including weather-based controller technology and weekly WaterSmart Yard recommendations that make seasonal controller programming easy and effective. Enjoy a guided tour of the new sustainable education garden immediately following the workshop.
Hosted by City of Santa Rosa Water-Use Efficiency Division.
Visit the City of Santa Rosa’s Sustainable Education Garden website to RSVP.
The City of Santa Rosa offers many opportunities for residents to save water and money, including:
- WaterSmart Yard watering recommendations
- WaterSmart check-up
- Cash for grass rebate
- Clothes washer rebate
- Rainwater harvesting rebate
- Graywater rebate
- Recirculating hot water pump rebate
Visit the City of Santa Rosa Water WaterSmart Center to learn more.