The garden descriptions provided are not formatted for print. We encourage you to view them online. To help you decide which gardens to visit the garden overview provides a list of features at each location.
We hope that you find the included plant lists useful. They are intended to identify some of the key plants that you will see. They are not comprehensive and the level of information provided is variable. While every effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate, we do not guarantee that this is the case.
Some of the gardens on the 2016 Eco-Friendly Garden Tour are only open from 10 AM until 1 PM. Please take this into account when planning your day.
2016 Eco-Friendly Garden Tour Locations
- Foothills Water-Wise Demonstration Garden | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- The Taylor’s Neat and Tidy Permaculture Garden | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Robbins Park Food Forest | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Terraced Wildlife Garden | CNPS
- Half-Baked Homesteading
- Native Memorial Garden | CNPS
- Jekyll & Horticulture
- West End Neighborhood & Historic District | 3 Gardens
- Lose Your Lawn – Create Habitat in the City | CNPS
- From Grass Green to Sustainable Green
- Santa Rosa Lawn Conversion
- Garden Angel
Sebastopol & West County
- Russian River Flood Plain | CNPS | 2 bonus locations
- “Our Front Yard” Sebastopol Library & City Hall | Daily Acts
- Shade & Water Native Garden | CNPS
- Native Plant Revival & Pipevine Swallowtail Butterfly Habitat | CNPS
- Beautiful Swales & Bountiful Plants | CNPS
- Pocket Park | Daily Acts |10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- The Dell’Osso’s Delightful Drought Tolerant Garden | Daily Acts |10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Midtown Oasis | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- 8th & Bee Homestead | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Jesse and Jennifer’s Playful Rain Garden | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- Trathen and Mary’s Permaculture Paradise | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
- The Eldredge’s Fruitful Hilltop | Daily Acts | 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
On the Day
- Tour hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Some of the gardens are only open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Look for the Eco-Friendly Garden Tour signs.
- The Tour is self-guided, plan your day ahead of time. Our advice is not to try and see it all. We recommend planning to visit three to five gardens located near to where you live, or one or two gardens further afield that you really want to view.
- In some situations gardens are clustered in close proximity. Take the opportunity to walk or ride your bike, there’s bound to be plenty of other gardens to view on the journey.
- Due to the nature of the terrain at home gardens this Tour is not ADA accessible. Many of the gardens can be viewed from sidewalks and driveways. There is likely to be uneven and hilly terrain, narrow pathways and obstacles. Wear appropriate footwear with low heels. Please be careful and considerate of others.
- Parking may be limited and some amount of walking may be required. Please drive carefully and slowly.
- Consider carpooling and alternative means of transportation such as walking and cycling.
- Restroom facilities are not provided, please plan accordingly.
- Dogs are not permitted in the private gardens on the Tour.
- Smoking is not permitted in the private gardens on the Tour.